Ladies, how often can broccoli be found on your plates? This green vegetable which resembles a miniature tree is extremely healthy. Broccoli supplies our body with vitamins and minerals, while its antioxidant composition cleans our body of free radicals which cause over 150 medical illnesses. The nutritional value of this food strengthens the immune system and therefore helps prevent viruses during winter. Most often broccoli is combined with other ingredients thus can be found in salads, pastas, risotto and most recently, smoothies. Slow cooking this food will cause it to lose most of its nutritional value, which is why only blanching, or grilling is recommended as a prep method.
Today we present you with a healthy, rich and creative combo of ingredients in this winter broccoli and pomegranate salad. The oriental dressing enhances its sweet and salty base, perfect for those who like to experiment with various recipes.
– 1 broccoli head
– 1 tbsp. light sesame oil
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 1 handful baby mix salad ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 3 handfuls grated carrots ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 2 red peppers
– 1/4 cups fresh parsley and basil
– 1 pomegranate
– 1 red orange or grapefruit
– 2 tbsp. light sesame oil
– 1 clove of garlic
– 2 cm fresh ginger root
– juice of 1/2 lemon
– 1 tbsp. Tamari sauce
– 1 tbsp. honey
– 1 tsp. Himalayan salt
– pinch of sweet paprika powder
1. Sprinkle sesame oil in pan and briefly grill minced garlic and broccoli flowers.
2. Transfer broccoli to a large bowl and in the same pan, on the same oil, add minced ginger. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, tamari sauce, honey, salt and sweet paprika powder.
3. In a bowl with broccoli, add the baby mix and pour over prepared dressing.
4. Add grated carrots, chopped peppers, parsley, pomegranate and orange slices.