Moms, what kind of breakfast do you prepare for your kids? Do you prefer prepping stronger meals such as bacon and eggs, or do you opt for lightweight meals like oatmeal? During the winter, the body often craves food which is greasy and caloric. This is precisely the reason we have decided to share with you a recipe for spinach pie, a traditional, local specialty great for a strong, winter breakfast. If you serve it to your kids once a week with a glass of yoghurt, they will look forward to Mom’s breakfast rather than going to the bakery. You may be wondering if this dish is perhaps too demanding and time consuming to prep in the morning? Save time by rolling it up in the evening and just placing it in the oven to bake while you are getting ready for work! A warm, crispy breakfast ready in 45 minutes!
– 1 pack of pie crust
– 3 handfuls baby spinach ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 200g feta cheese
– 2 eggs
– 2 tbsp. flour
– 1/2 bag baking powder
– 1 cup milk
– 5 tbsp. oil
1. Blanch the spinach briefly.
2. In one bowl, combine feta cheese, eggs and spinach.
3. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, oil and milk.
4. On one pie crust sprinkle milk mixture, place another pie crust on top, sprinkle with milk mixture and fill with cheese mixture.
5. Roll the pie crusts in rolls and place one by one in a baking tray lined with baking paper so they resemble snails.
6. Pour remaining milk mixture over pies and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
7. Bake in heated oven at 200 degrees covered for 45 minutes and uncovered for remaining 15 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and cover with damp cloth until cool.
Spinach and cheese pie is best served with a glass of cold yoghurt.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your spinach and cheese pie turned out!