The strawberry season starts in the spring and ends usually before summer, when the average daily temperatures do not fall below 30 degrees. This year’s unfavorable weather conditions affected the strawberry season poorly, so the offer was scarce and limited – the price remained high, mostly over 250 dinars per kilogram, while the fruit lost its sweet taste and size. As a result, many people decided to wait for the strawberries to become red, tasty and cheap, the way they should be. Now, finally when sunny, clear days are upon us, it is anticipated that in the next few days strawberries will become extremely delicious and red again! But, watch out, these couple of days will go by faster than we think. Therefore, we suggest purchasing a few kilos of ripe strawberries at the market, with a discount on quantity, freeze them, and enjoy this wonderful berry all year long! And if you run out? Well simply head over to any Roda or Idea hypermarket and buy a box of Iceberg Salat Centar strawberries available 360 days per year!
Everyone likes strawberries, so use them during the season to surprise your loved ones by preparing their favorite desserts! If you run out of inspiration, take a look at our recipe bellow. Raw strawberry cake contains a variety of nutritious ingredients, and the best part is, that it is gluten-free, sugar-free and dairy-free, therefore adaptable to almost all food regimes. Quick and easy, without baking, cooling and waiting for the dough to rise, you will have a cake ready in no time!
– 25 raw seedless dates
– 1 cup baked hazelnuts
– 1 tbsp. raw cocoa powder
– 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
– 2 tbsp. agave syrup
– 10 strawberries ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 2 1/2 cups raw cashews – left in water overnight
– 5 tbsp. melted coconut oil
– 8 tbsp. agave syrup
– 1 tsp. vanilla aroma
– 2 full tbsp. raw cocoa powder
– 5 tbsp. coconut oil
– 5 tbsp. cocoa butter
– 5 tbsp. agave syrup
1. Begin by preparing the crust. In a food-processor, chop bake hazelnuts.
2. Add dates, cocoa powder, coconut oil and continue blending until mixture is uniform.
3. Place the mixture in a cake mold and in the refrigerator to tighten.
4. For the filling, drain the cashews from water, place in food processor and blend until creamy.
5. Add coconut oil, vanilla aroma and agave sirup and continue blending until mixture is uniform.
6. Remove from fridge, spread agave sirup and place sliced strawberries on top.
7. Over the strawberries, spread cashew filling and return to chill in refrigerator.
8. For the glaze, in a small pot, melt coconut butter and coconut oil.
9. Remove from heat, combine with agave sirup and cocoa powder and pour over cake.
10. Place raw cake back into refrigerator for a minimum of 3-4 hours prior to serving.
Subscribe to our newsletter, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your raw strawberry cake turned out!