Casserole is the label for a popular, wide-spread dish with many variations. The food owes its name to the French word for “pan”, in which it is prepared.
For conciseness, a casserole is any dish which is cooked or served in a metal or glass casserole dish, regardless of the ingredients used. In fact, the only required element for a casserole is the egg, which binds the materials together and forms the dish into a salty cake or pie. However, other than the eggs, you can practically use whatever comes to mind: vegetables, meat, fish, tofu … The choice is up to you. Many women use this principle to make smart use of leftovers in the fridge – baked beans, grilled veggies, pea stew, cooked chicken, baked fish, over-ripe veggies, basically whatever you can think of.
Try preparing our recipe for vegetable and tofu casserole, we promise it will become one of the family favorites.
– 1 red pepper
– 1 1/2 cup mushrooms
– 2 tbsp. olive oil
– 12 eggs
– 1 handful baby spinach ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 1 clove of garlic
– 1 tsp. sea salt
– 1/2 tsp. black pepper
– 1/2 cup raw tofu cheese
– 2 spring onions
1. Slice mushrooms and peppers and place in casserole dish lined with baking paper.
2. Drizzle olive oil over vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
3. Bake in heated oven at 220 °C for 10 minutes.
4. In a bowl, combine eggs, tofu cheese, spring onion, minced garlic, and black pepper.
5. Remove casserole from the oven, reduce the temperature to 175 °C and pour over egg mixture.
6. Bake for another 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your vegetable and tofu casserole turned out!