Salads are never too appealing to children. Children generally do not like raw vegetables, and the ones who eat them end up picking out chunks of peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and various other ones they do not like. Fresh, unprocessed veggies are rich in vitamins, which makes salads extremely heathy. We often receive questions from you on how to persuade your little ones to eat salads. The answer is simple- adjust the salad to their taste buds. Choose vegetables they like, prepare creamy, neutral dressings which are not too sour or salty, and since kids love snacks, toss in crispy croutons, nuts and various seeds to enrich the salad.
Check out our refreshing summer salad which your kids will certainly eat with pleasure. Serve it in a playfull way and there’s a great chance they will even ask for another round!
– ½ pack Iceberg salad ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 1 handful grated ready-to-use carrots ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 5 tbsp. sweet corn
– 1 avocado
– 2-3 branches fresh dill ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 250 ml Greek yogurt
– 2 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
– 1 onion
– juice of 1 whole lemon
– Salt and pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine Iceberg salad, carrots, corn, dill and chopped avocado.
2. In a small bowl, mix Greek yogurt, lemon juice, finely chopped garlic and salt and pepper according to taste.
3. Pour dressing over salad, toss and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your refreshing summer salad turned out!