Moms, what kind of crust do you use for pitas? Do you knead your own crust, buy ready-to-use crust or you prefer baking pitas which have no crust at all? Of course, it’s much easier to pour the pita mixture in a baking tray rather than making the filling, rolling out the crust and so forth, but do your children like such pitas? Today we will share with you a recipe for a healthy, light pita made from millet in combination with bell peppers and baby spinach.
Millet is a type of cereal crop which is rich in fiber, minerals, vitamins and most of all, proteins. It does not contain gluten and is often used as part of gluten-free food regimes. Millet is low in calories thus great for people who want to get rid of excess kilograms. It can be found in almost all supermarkets or heath food stores.
Try something new for lunch or dinner by preparing this colourful summer pita which is very appealing and delicious!
How to prepare millet?
Rinse the millet before cooking to avoid it foaming up. Add 1 cup of millet and 3 cups of water to a pot. Cook 20 minutes passed boiling point or until fully tender.
– 2 cups cooked millet
– 2 handfulls baby spinach ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 1 red bell pepper (diced)
– 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
– Juce of 1/2 lemon
– 5 tbsp. olive oil
– 2 eggs
– 125 ml yogurt
– 2 tbsp. spelt flour
– ½ tsp. baking powder
– Salt and pepper
1. Turn on the oven to 180 degrees to warm up.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs with a fork, then add all remaining ingredients except sesame seeds.
3. Pour the mixture into a baking tray lined with baking paper, sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for about 45 minutes until golden brown.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your millet, bell pepper and spinach pita turned out!