Today we celebrate Saint Nikola, the most glorious holiday in the Orthodox religion. On this day, homes are filled with friends and family enjoying cooked meals and traditional dishes. Set during the Christmas feasting period, all specialties which are served during this holiday are vegan.
From the early morning, markets and shops are filled with crowds of people shopping for groceries. So, before you make your shopping list for today, we present you with an interesting recipe which will enrich this holiday experience for both you and your guests. Quinoa and kidney bean salad is perfect because it is light thus can be served as an appetizer or main meal. Moreover, the prep time is 15 minutes and is incredibly simple. Follow our instructions bellow and add a new aroma to your holiday menu. We wish you a happy Saint Nikola from all of us at Klub Zdravih Navika!
– 1/4 lemon
– 2 tsp. olive oil
– 1 tsp. Mediterranean spices
– 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
– 2/3 cups boiled kidney beans
– 1 spring onion
– 1 tomato
– 2 tbsp. fresh parsley ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 2 tsp. fresh mint
– 1 handful of baby spinach ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– salt and pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine quinoa, kidney beans, finely chopped spring onion, tomatoes, parsley, mint and baby spinach.
2. In a smaller bowl, mix remaining ingredients.
3. Pour dressing over salad and toss.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your quinoa and kidney bean salad turned out!