Holiday spirit is everywhere – supermarkets and shopping malls are filled with people searching for the perfect gift for their child, streets are beautifully decorated with New Year’s lights and ornaments and events are organized throught the whole city in preparation for the magical night. It’s almost New Year! This week is a period in which many people come up with New Year’s resolutions, decisions that they want to change something in their life for the better or try something they have long dreamed of. Have you made resolutions for 2019?
Holidays are a time for family gatherings, decorating the Christmas tree, writing cards, baking cookies and celebrating life. Our ISC family has finished all of its’ New Years prep and such as gift wrapping and and is eagerly waiting for New Year’s eve!
Maria tries to surprise Maxim every day with new ideas and treats during the holiday season. Today she shares with us her famous recipe for Christmas cookies with frosting. Make a mess with your kids and have fun!
– 100g margarine
– 1 egg
– 320g flour
– 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1 pack baking powder
– 150g sugar
– 1 egg white
– 1 tbsp. food colouring (optional)
– 200g powdered sugar
– 1 tbsp. lemon juice
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and knead dough.
2. Wrap the dough in plastic foil and leave in the refrigerator to cool for at least 30 minutes.
3. Flatten dough using a rolling pin and cut out various shapes using cookie modules.
4. Place the shapes on a baking sheet lined with the baking paper and bake in heated oven at 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Cool.
5. In a small bowl, using a hand mixer, mix egg whites and gradually add the remaining ingredients to the frosting.
6. Pour frosting into a plastic freezer bag, push contents in corner and pierce a small hole so that the frosting can be pushed out.
7. Decorate Christmas cookies as desired.