Moms, what do you prepare for breakfast on the weekends? Do you opt for a quick dish like polenta, grits, muesli or do you prefer baking fresh pastry? Children love warm homemade bread, pies, croissants and any dough-like morning goodies, especially with a glass of fresh yogurt. For this very reason, we have prepared a delicious, healthy recipe for your little ones – pastry snails with cheese and spinach. They are easy to decorate and can quickly transform into cartoon heroes, animals or other forms your kids will adore!
A warm family-oriented atmosphere is achieved by gathering family members together at the table. Look back on your childhood, do you remember the feeling when you wake up in the morning and the whole house smells like warm, homemade pastry? Those moments always remain in our hearts. So, take some time and with this simple recipe, prepare a delicious breakfast and more importantly, a unforgettable experience for your munchkins!
(for 6-8 servings)
– 200 ml milk
– 1/2 cube of yeast
– 1 pinch of salt
– 400 gr flour
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 100 ml yogurt
– 2 tbsp. olive oil
– 125 gr butter
– 2 garlic cloves
– 50 gr pancetta
– 200 rg baby spinach ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 250 gr feta cheese
– 1 yolk
– sesame seeds
1. In a saucepan, heat the milk so that it is lukewarm and add yeast and salt. Wait for dough to rise.
2. Combine flour, salt, yogurt and yeast.
3. Knead the dough, brush with olive oil and leave to rise a bit more.
4. Flatten the dough with a rolling pin, form rectangles and grate butter on top. Cover dough, knead again and let stand for another 15 minutes.
5. In a pan, fry chopped garlic and bacon. Remove from heat and add baby spinach and feta cheese.
6. Form rectangles once more, add cheese and spinach filling and roll dough into a roll. Cut the roll in circles and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
7. Brush each circle with egg yolk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
8. Bake in a heated oven on 180 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your pastry snails with cheese and spinach turned out!