Coleslaw is a salad made of finely shredded cabbage and carrots combined in a neutral, creamy sauce. The term “coleslaw” came about in the 18th century as a modification made to the Dutch word “koolsla” meaning “cabbage salad”. Coleslaw is a perfect side dish to meals with meat, can be served as a ‘juicy spread’ on tortillas or as a base to any sandwich. This salad has gained popularity thanks to KFC, a well-known fast food chain which has been offering it for decades.
Today we made homemade buns and they turned out so delicious that we could not resist but to share two recipes with you. Top them with coleslaw and salami, prosciutto, ham or cheese and treat yourself to a delicious sandwich! Enjoy.
– 200g shredded cabbage ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 200g grated carrots ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 100g light mayonnaise
– 50g sour cream
– 1 tbsp. mustard
– 2 tbsp. milk
– 3 tbsp. vinegar
– 2 tbsp. lemon juice
– 1 tbsp. brown sugar
– salt and pepper
1. Place the cabbage and carrots into a bowl.
2. Combine all ingredients for dressing in a cup.
3. Mix together dressing and vegetables. Stir well.
– 420g flour
– 30g sugar
– 1 tsp. salt
– 1 bag of dry yeast
– 120ml water
– 130ml milk
– 20g butter
– 1 egg + 1 egg for coating
– oat flakes or sesame seeds
1. Pour all the ingredients into a bowl and combine well with mixer.
2. Form miniature balls of dough and place on baking tray lined with parchment paper.
3. Let them rest 30 minutes.
4. Coat with egg and top with oat flakes or sesame seeds.
5. Bake in a heated oven at 200 degrees until golden brown.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your coleslaw salad and homemade buns turned out!