Moms, do you know that carrots treat diarrhea and vomiting in children, they are great for eliminating parasites and also protect the body against colds and viruses? Carrots sre a great choice for snacking between meals, but also an excellent addition to any cooked dish. They are healthiest raw, but still do not lose their nutritive properties when blanched. For a strong immune system and overall wellbeing, nutricionists recomend a daily intake of at least one cup of freshly squeezed carrot juice.
What is another course in which you can combine raw carrots? In salads of course! Try our carrot and red cabbage recipe which is perfect for combating these hot summer days and surely it will become one of your favorites. It can present a complete meal if you serve it with a couscous, lentils or millet, the choice is up to you!
(for 4 servings)
– ¼ red cabbage-head
– ½ red onion
– 1/3 pack grated carrots ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 250 ml Greek yogurt
– 2-3 tbps. low-fat mayonnaise
– 1 hard-boiled egg
– 2-3 branches of fresh parsley ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– Salt, pepper and garlic powder
1. Thinly slice the red cabbage and finely chop red onion and egg.
2. In a large bowl, mix the carrots, onions, cabbage and egg.
3. Add spices, then pour in the mayonnaise and the Greek yogurt, and toss until the ingredients are completely combined.
4. Store in the refrigerator before serving.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your carrot and red cabbage salad turned out!