Moms, do you know what yams are? Yams are a type of orange potato, which can be found in almost all supermarkets. Oftenly referred to as sweet potatoes, yams are an excellent source of energy and low in calories so they are ideal for those who want to lose weight. Yams are also rich in fiber which helps aid digestion. With such a list of healthy properties, we recommend that you introduce yams to the menu of your little ones as early as six months of age.
Check out our vegeterian yam burger recipe with chickpeas and rocket salad which is so delicious and healthy, you will never crave for meat in your burger again.
(for 4 portions)
– 1 cup canned chickpeas
– 1 cooked sweet potato (yam)
– 1 handful of rocket salad ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 2 branches of fresh dill ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 1 egg
– 2 tbsp. of spelt flour
– 1 onion
– 2 tbsp. olive oil
– 1 tsp. of mustard
– Salt and pepper
1. Turn on the oven on to 180 degrees.
2. Place baking paper on baking tray.
3. Place the onion in a food processor and blend until chopped.
4. Add all other ingredients, except sour cream and sesame, and blend in the food processor until combined.
5. Form burgers with your palms and cover each with bread crumbs, sesame and place on baking tray.
6. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes
7. Serve warm with desired sauce and fresh baby mix salad ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your vegeterian yam burgers with rocket salad turned out!