Chickpeas have become extremely popular in recent years. They are very healthy and can be used for a variety of meals such as vegan burgers, pancakes, spreads, as an addition to a salad or soup, or even as part of a dessert. Chickpeas are ranked among the highest nutritionally rich foods, they are gluten-free and have a low glycemic index, which makes them suitable for diabetics.
Try our delicious chickpea and baby spinach spread recipe on toast, crackers or pancakes and you will have a meal ready in minutes!
Directions for cooking chickpeas
1. Soak the raw chickpeas in water overnight (12-15 hours).
2. Once they have absorbed the liquid, transfer them to a pot, add more water and cook on medium heat for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
3. Drain and use.
(for four portions)
– 1 cup cooked or canned chickpeas
– 2 branches of dill ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 2 tbsp. sour cream
– 2 handfuls baby spinach ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 2 tbsp. raw sunflower seeds
– Salt and pepper
1. Place all the ingredients into chopper or blender.
2. Blend until the mixture becomes compact and creamy.
3. Refrigerate in a sealed jar for up to five days.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your chickpea and baby spinach spread turned out!