The month of May usually brings warm, sunny days and pleasant, quiet nights. In other words, May is the ideal month to spend outside – the temperature is normally not too cold nor too hot. However, this year May has surprised us quite a bit. Instead of the spring we were hoping for, gloomy days accompanied by rain and wind are on the forecast almost daily. Playing outside is almost impossible since the benches, parks and swings are constantly wet and even a walk does not sound too inviting. Since evidently the beginning of spring has been delayed, we continue to spend time in our cozy homes with friends and loved ones. During these cherished moments, food is inevitable, especially warm soup to start off a family meal.
Today we have prepared a delicious recipe for this yucky weather – broccoli and baby spinach soup. So creamy and delicious, even those who do not like broccoli will be sure to have a plate! Warm yourself up, enjoy family moments and wait for spring to come knocking!
– 1 large broccoli head
– 2 handfuls of baby spinach ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 1 potato
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 1 onion
– 1 tbsp. oil
– 1 tsp. salt
– 1/3 tsp. pepper
– 1 cup milk
– Sour cream (optional for serving)
1. In a skillet, on a bit of oil, fry minced garlic and chopped onion.
2. Rinse the broccoli, peel the potatoes and put them in a pot to cook for about 35 minutes or until soft.
3. Pour out some water in which the vegetables were cooked in, but leave enough for the soup to be creamy.
4. Add baby spinach and, with the use of a hand mixer, blend all ingredients.
5. Pour in milk, whisk and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Place pot back on stove to boil, and serve with a topping of sour cream.
Subscribe to our newsletter, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your broccoli and baby spinach soup turned out!