Over the past 10 years, more and more people have switched to a diet which involves the consumption of solely plant-based foods. There are numerous reasons for this change. Some people become vegan because they believe it will potentially cure an illness they are experiencing, others because being vegan is popular and trendy and then there are those that switch due to ethic beliefs. For vegans to compensate the necessary protein found in meat, they opt for a protein-rich plant-based food such as chickpeas, for instance.
In previous posts, we discussed how simple it is to cook chickpeas and how cooked chickpeas can serve as a base for various sauces, dressings, dips, etc. But…do you know how to prepare baked chickpeas? Baked chickpeas are even easier to master! They can serve as a snack, a side-dish or even a main meal with veggies on the side.
Check out one of our favorite vegan recipes – baked chickpeas with vegetables! Try it and decide for yourself whether you prefer cooked or baked chickpeas in your diet.
– 400 gr chickpeas
– 200 gr rocket salad ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 1 red pepper
– 1 tbsp. sesame oil
– ½ tsp. Himalayan salt
– ½ tsp. paprika powder
– ½ tsp. ground black pepper
– 1 tsp. hot sauce (optional)
– 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
– ½ tsp. apple vinegar
1. Cover a baking tray with baking paper, spread out chickpeas, sprinkle with sesame oil, paprika, ground black pepper and salt.
2. Bake in a heated oven on 220 degrees until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
3. In a mixing bowl, place rocket salad and red pepper diced into cubes.
4. Pour vinegar and olive oil over salad, add chickpeas, toss and serve.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your baked chickpeas with vegetables turned out!