Ladies, how often do you prepare a beets? Do you know that beets are ranked among the healthiest foods in the world? They are rich in vitamins and minerals, which makes them an excellent immune booster. Scientists have proven that the components of beets fight against viral diseases and eliminate so called “bad cells” from the body, which is why nutritionists regularly integrate this veggie into detox treatments. You will often hear someone drinking beet juice because they are pale. This is because beets contain large amounts of iron which therefore helps cures anemia.
In addition to the numerous health benefits, beets are tasty and unique because they can be consumed in a variety of ways. Beetroot can be prepared as a side dish, salad, main dish or desert. Due to its sweet taste, beetroot is suitable for all ages and various types of cuisines. Whether beets are cooked, baked, grilled or pickled, they present a delicious part of any meal. Today we will share with you a creative and mouth-watering recipe – baked beetroot salad with caramelized walnuts. Enjoy!
– 1 beetroot
– 1 handful of walnuts
– 3 tsp. maple syrup
– 1/4 tsp. salt
– 1/8 tsp. pepper
– 2-3 handfuls baby mix salad ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 1 tsp. apple vinegar
– 1 tbsp. honey
– 1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp. mustard
– 1/3 tsp. garlic powder
– 3 tbsp. olive oil
1. Wash, peel and chop the beetroot into cubes.
2. Sprinkle cubes with olive oil, scatter in baking tray lined with baking paper, cover and bake in a heated oven on 220 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.
3. While the beets are baking, grill the salted walnuts in a pan, then add the maple syrup and keep them heated until they caramelize.
4. Prepare the dressing in a cup, by mixing both vinegars, honey, mustard, garlic powder and the remaining olive oil.
5. In a large bowl, place the baby mix salad, add the beetroot, caramelized walnuts and top with prepared dressing.
6. Toss and serve.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your baked beetroot salad with caramelized walnuts turned out!