Spinach is one of the healthiest foods in the world, and for that very reason experts call it the “king of vegetables”. Spinach is full of vitamins and proteins and contains as much as 1400 mg of minerals per 100 gr. It represents a very powerful antioxidant that removes free radicals from the body and in turn helps in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
We have prepared a spinach and ricotta pitas recipe to share with you on this rainy day and help it become a bit brighter! Try preparing it and leave us your impressions in the comments bellow.
– 1 pack puff pastry dough
– 1 pack baby spinach ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 500 gr ricotta cheese
– ½ tsp. garlic powder
– 1/2 tsp. onion powder
– 2 tbsp. low-fat mayonnaise
– Salt and pepper
1. Flatten out the puff pastry dough and cut it into cubes size 15 x 15 cm.
2. For the pita filling, place the spinach into a blender until mashed and then combine it with the ricotta cheese and salt and pepper.
3. Spoon out the filling and place it on one side of the puff pastry cube, then fold the dough and with a fork press the edges of the dough in order to seal the pita.
4. Repeat step 3. with all dough.
5. Brush each pita with a bit of mayonese.
6. Place the pitas on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake on 180 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Serve warm with cold yogurt.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your spinach and ricotta pitas turned out!