Tortillas are a great solution for meal preps during the summer months. They are light, quick to prepare and can contain all sorts of healthy fillings. Today we will share with you a rather interesting and delicious alternative filling for tortillas which contains smoked pork and grated carrot salad. Instead of using traditional white tortillas, we opted for a healthier kind- whole wheat tortillas with chia seeds. Chia seeds are nutrient-dense, energy-boosting and serve as an amazing antioxidant which successfully cleanses our body from harmful substances. They are also very low in calories, so if you decide to go ahead with this recipe, we recommend you use such tortillas.
– 1 pack of grated carrot ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 1 tsp. fresh coriander
– 1 tsp. fresh chopped parsley ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 5 tbsp. olive oil
– Salt and pepper
1. In a mixing bowl combine grated carrot with minced garlic, coriander and parsley.
2. In a frying pan, bring the olive oil to a boil.
3. Pour oil over prepared salad.
4. Toss and use as filling for tortillas.
TORTILLA WITH SMOKED PORK
– 3 whole-wheat tortillas with chia seeds
– 3 tbsp. low-fat mayonnaise
– 1 pack Mediterranea salad ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 50 gr feta cheese
– 600 gr cooked pork leg
– 60 gr sweet corn
1. On low heat, cook the smoked pork leg two to three hours until completely tender.
2. Leave the meat to cool, then “pull” the pork into strings.
3. Heat the tortillas in microwave or pan.
4. Spread a bit of mayonnaise on each tortilla, add carrot salad, pulled pork and all other ingredients.
5. Repeat the process above with remaining tortillas.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your tortillas with smoked pork and carrot salad turned out!