Moms, do you remember the last time you made tomato soup? This warm appetizer is full of nutrients which help our body battle viruses and bacteria during these cold days. Packed with vitamins and minerals, tomatoes act as defense agents, fighting free radicals in our body which in turn strengthens our immune system and prevents serious diseases.
Tomatoes are best fresh and frozen, rather than canned and cooked. Cooked and canned tomatoes are deprived of at least 30% of their nutrients due to high temperatures required to preserve them and mostly, contain some form of conservatives. Thus, you should always do your best to use the fresh kind to get the most of your dish!
Tomato soup falls into the category of “feasting meals”, therefore it is an ideal choice during the Christmas period. Combined with roasted onion, parsley and a piece of toast, this appetizer is the real-deal!
– 1/3 pack grated carrots ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 1 small potato
– 1 piece of celery
– 3 tbsp. oil
– 1 onion
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 2 cups tomatoes
– 2 cups water
– 1 1/2 tbsp. corn flour
– salt and pepper
– 1 branch parsley ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
1. On a bit of oil fry minced garlic and chopped onion.
2. Add carrots, chopped celery and potatoes and continue cooking for about 15 minutes.
3. Once vegetables soften, add corn flour, salt, pepper, tomatoes and water.
4. Cook for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Serve tomato soup hot with topped with chopped parsley.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your tomato soup turned out!