Do you prepare soup for your kids before each meal? Serbian housewives were taught to prepare soup almost every day, but is this still the case? Soup is vitamin, mineral and protein rich “liquid” derived from all foods combined into one pot. In addition to being delicious, soup is healthy, refreshing and great for weight-loss. A bowl of soup before each meal helps us consume up to 30% fewer calories. Moreover, soup prevents dehydration and can aid in curing colds, stomach flues and high fever. Remember how our grandmothers used to remind us how important it is to eat chowder every day? This was not a coincidence.
Follow our recipe today for spinach soup and enjoy a light lunch that is fast and easy to prepare!
– 1/3 pack grated carrots ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 3 tbsp. olive oil
– 1 onion
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 1 chicken file
– 1 celery stick
– 3 tbsp. grits
– 1/2 sour cream
– 2 handfuls baby spinach ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 1 egg
– salt and pepper
1. In a frying pan, sauté chopped onions and minced garlic.
2. Add carrots, chopped celery, chicken file and continue sautéing 10-15 minutes.
3. Stir-in grits, add 1 1/2 l of water and cook until vegetables soften completely.
4. Remove from heat.
5. While hot, add spinach, egg, sour cream and season as desired.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your spinach soup turned out!