Which side dish do you eat with meat and fish? Do you always prepare some type of carbs such as potatoes, bread and pasta with your protein meal or are veggies enough for you? Nutritionists claim that an ideal balanced meal consists of 25% protein, 25% carbohydrates and 50% vegetables. Therefore, lunch can encompass of all these components seperately or combined into one dish. For example, you can prepare steak, rice and grilled vegetables as a meal or one large salad which contains tuna, croutons and raw veggies. The ratio is exacly the same and both are well balanced. The only difference is that the salad contains raw vegetables so that meal richer in vitamins than the other one which has those which are grilled.
Check out our recipe for a refreshing rocket salad with sweet corn that is quick and easy to make and fits beautifully as a side dish to any meal. If you are in a hurry, you can add 25% of protein and 25% of carbohydrates and create a ready-to-eat on-the-go balanced meal in one bowl!
– 1 cup rocket salad ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 1 handful of cherry tomatoes ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 3 tbsp. cooked sweet corn
– ¼ red onion
– 1 handful pumpkin seeds
– 1 tsp. lemon juice
– 1 tbsp. olive oil
– 1 tsp. maple syrup
– 1 pinch of salt
1. In a large mixing bowl combine rocket salad, halved tomato, sliced onion and corn.
2. Prepare the dressing by mixing all ingredients.
3. Pour dressing over salad.
4. Toss and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your Rocket Salad with Sweet Corn turned out!