Autumn has officially arrived. Leaves are slowly falling off trees and making yellow-orange carpets all around the city. Children are collecting chestnuts, acorns and painting them various colors, such a beautiful sight. Temperatures are dropping every day; rainy weather is just around the corner meaning the heating season is about to start. Housewives are baking peppers, cooking ayvar, pickling vegetables and preparing various pumpkin treats. Have you began preparing for winter?
Pumpkin soup is one of the most popular autumn specialties. It is easy to prepare, healthy and low in calories. Due to its high nutritional content, it is excellent for fighting viruses, making it a great choice for the entire family! Since pumpkin soup is served warm, it is ideal for this transition period because it will remove the cold feeling from within. Enjoy!
– 400 gr pumpkin ICEBERG SALAT CENTER
– 4 branches fresh parsley ICEBERG SALAT CENTER
– 1 potato
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– ½ tsp. nutmeg
– 1 tbsp. sour cream
1. Place the chopped pumpkin and potato into a pot, cover with water and cook on medium heat.
2. Once the vegetables soften, remove from stove.
3. Drain 3/4 of the broth, add milk, salt and nutmeg and using a stick mixer, combine in pot until mixture becomes creamy.
4. Serve warm with sour cream and parsley topping.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your pumpkin soup turned out!