Burritos, tacos, enchiladas, nachos… Mmmm, do you like Mexican food as much as we do? Mexican food mainly consists of tortillas thus the top three most popular dishes are tacos – stuffed crispy tortillas, enchiladas – stuffed soft tortillas cut into triangles and burritos – stuffed and rolled soft tortillas. There are many prejudices concerning this cuisine such as it being caloric, spicy, unhealthy and difficult to digest. However, this does not need to be the case. The composition of the filling depends solely on you! Mexican tortillas are mainly filled with various spreads such as guacamole (avocado spread with lemon and garlic), black bean spread, sour cream and “picco de gallo” (salsa made of fresh onions, spicy peppers, tomato and coriander). In addition to spreads, grilled vegetables, rice, meat and fresh salad are an essential part! What most people consider unhealthy when referring to Mexican food is the combination of fatty spreads and white dough. Therefore, next time you decide eat light and heathy, take a little time out of your busy schedule and make your own Mexican combo, the right way!
Today we present our favorite recipe – homemade carrot tacos! Enjoy!
– 200 gr grated ready-to-eat carrots ICEBERG SALAT CENTER
– 75 gr mozzarella cheese
– 2 eggs
– 3 tbsp. whole-wheat flour
– salt and pepper
– 1 pc. baked pork leg (or grilled chicken file)
– 100 gr feta cheese
– 1 tsp. paprika
– 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
– 3 tbsp. Greek yogurt
– 1 handful baby mix salad ICEBERG SALAT CENTER
– 1 handful rocket salat ICEBERG SALAT CENTERS
1. Boil the carrots in hot water and drain.
2. Place cooked carrots into a bowl and add the mozzarella cheese, eggs, flour, salt and pepper.
3. Mold the dough with your palms to receive very thin circular shapes which resemble tortillas.
4. Place the circular shapes on an oven pan lined with baking paper and bake on 190 degrees until golden brown on both sides.
5. Remove the tortillas and slowly place each over a kitchen element (i.e. ladle handle) which will “help” the tortilla become moon-like shaped just like on the image bellow. Leave for 30 minutes to cool.
6. For the preparation of the fil, combine feta cheese, paprika and garlic powder.
7. Spread fil over tacos, add grilled meat, salad and finally top with Greek yoghurt.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your homemade carrot tacos turned out!