Do you know that the spread is as important as the ingredients we place on a sandwich? Mayonnaise, margarine and kaymak should be avoided as they are greasy and full of calories with almost no nutritional value whatsoever. Equally delicious substitutes are pates and spreads made from meat, vegetables, nuts which can be bought in health stores or homemade. By blending a few ingredients of choice, you will have a yummy spread in no time!
Humus is a type of protein spread which is easily prepared and can have many flavors! Take a look at our creative recipe for homemade pea and rocket humus which is absolutely delicious as a sandwich spread, pasta sauce or veggie dip. Follow our instructions and feel the power of healthy vegetarian alternatives.
– 1 1/2 cup boiled peas
– 1 bunch parsley leaves
– 3 tbsp. lemon juice
– 1 spring onion
– 1/2 garlic clove
– 3 teaspoons of olive oil
– 1 handful rocket argula ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– Himalayan salt (as desired)
1. Pour peas into blender, add 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley leaves, lemon juice, 1 finely chopped spring onion, minced garlic, olive oil and salt according to taste.
2. Blend until mixture is compact and uniform.
3. Keep humus refrigerated in a glass jar up to 3 days.
Subscribe to our newsletter, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your pea and rocket humus turned out!