Moms, are you tired of using the same spreads over and over again? It seems that whenever we think of a sandwich, the only spreads which come to mid are sour cream, mayonnaise and cream cheese. They are generally favorable, easily accessible and ready for use, which is an advantage. However, there are numerous alternative spreads which require short preparation but are even tastier! In fact, for a nutritious and creamy spread, the only ingredients which are needed are a fat base (dairy or oil), a vegetable or fruit, a protein or nut type and spices. This means that your homemade spread can be as tasty and as healthy as you want it to be.
With this in mind, we have prepared such a recipe to share with you today – creamy mushroom spread. This spread can be consumed with bread or tortillas or added to meat and veggie dishes. It is ideal for the entire family because it is mild and kids gladly accept it.
– 400 gr chopped mushrooms ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 1 onion
– 2 garlic cloves
– 2 tbsp. olive oil
– 3 branches of fresh parsley ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 4 tbsp. sour cream
– salt and pepper
1. In a pan, over medium heat, fry onion and garlic.
2. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and continue stewing until liquid completely evaporates.
3. Remove mixture from heat and allow it to cool.
4. Combine sour cream and parsley and blend in food processor.
5. Keep refrigerated in a sealed glass container.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your creamy mushroom spread turned out!