Ladies, do you prepare meals without meat or is meat an essential part of your every meal? Throughout the Serbian cuisine, meat is simply implied, thus there are literally no national dishes without it. Men have been raised to eat meat, so it is almost unthinkable for a woman to prepare a vegetarian or vegan lunch for her husband. Do you wonder why this is so? There is a general belief that meat is incredibly nutritious and saturating. The truth, however, is somewhat different. Pork contains a lot of fat, while poultry is packed with various hormones, chemicals and antibiotics, which help it to maintain its resistance and, above all, achieve super-size. And while all kinds of meat do contain protein, this does not mean that meat does not have a negative effect on our organism. It contributes to the acidity of our body, which creates preconditions for many diseases. After all, more and more studies classify meat as a food to be consumed only two to three times a week.
With the advancement of technology and raising awareness of healthy nutrition, various alternative foods have been discovered which are more or at least as nutritious as meat and do not pose a risk to our health. In this regard, today we present you a recipe that is nutritiously balanced because it contains all the necessary ingredients for one complete meal – sweet potato stuffed with vegetables. Enjoy!
– 1 sweet potato
– 4 tbsp. cooked red beans
– 2 spring onions
– 1 handful baby mix salad ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 2 handfuls grated cabbage ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 1/2 red pepper
– 2 tbsp. olive oil
– 1/2 tsp. salt
1. Heat the oven to 220 degrees.
2. Poke the sweet potato with a fork several times and place it on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
3. Cover the sweet potato with olive oil and season with the Himalayan salt.
4. Bake for 45-60 minutes on moderate heat until tender.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
6. Slice the sweet potato in half and fill it with beans, finely chopped onions and red pepper, baby mix salad and cabbage.
7. Before serving, sprinkle with olive oil.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your sweet potato stuffed with vegetables turned out!