Moms, do your kids like mushrooms or do they pick them out of each meal with their fingers?
Perhaps mushrooms do not seem like a particularly important ingredient to you, so you do not pay much attention to the fact that your little ones leave them on the rim of their plate? However, you should know that many national cuisines use mushrooms in their meals for a purpose. They are low in calories but high in nutritional value, therefore they have many positive effects on our health.
Mushrooms are recommended for all generations, even for people who are on special food regimens, due to the many benefits they offer. They strengthen immunity, improve concentration, eliminate fatigue, regulate blood sugar levels, prevent heart disease and help in the treatment of autoimmune diseases. Nutritionists advise the introduction of this veggie to a child’s menu after their first birthday.
So we recommend that you put effort into convincing your little ones to eat all the mushrooms in their plate. Perhaps not the easiest but certainly the most effective way is to “hide” the them in a tasty sauce. Try preparing our yummy creamy mushroom risotto recipe whichyour children will surely love!
– 1 onion
– 2-3 cloves of garlic
– 2 tbsp. olive oil
– 1 pack of sliced mushrooms ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 2 -3 branches of fresh parsley ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 2/3 cup basmatti rice
– 3/4 liters of vegetable broth
– Salt and pepper
1. In a pot, on a bit of olive oil, stew the minced garlic.
2. Add mushrooms and keep cooking until they become tender.
3. Mix in the rice, spices and broth.
4. Cover and cook on low heat for about 20 minutes until rice softens.
5. If necessary, add a bit more broth so that your risotto remains juicy.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your creamy mushroom risotto turned out!