Tomorrow is officially the first day of spring! With this in mind, we decided to share with you a recipe for an amazing creamy delight – a light and tasty cauliflower and celery pottage. Vegetable soup is a perfect choice for this time of year because, in addition to ever-needed energy, we are given the opportunity to enjoy various seasonal vegetables! The markets are full of spring crops and fresh herbs of lovely colors and scents. The combinations are countless.
We suggest purchasing organic ingredients if possible, or those grown in a home-garden, especially when preparing dishes for children. Take care of yourself! Eat healthily and refresh and hydrate your body! Our recipe for cauliflower and celery pottage is a great start.
– 1 cauliflower head
– 2 + 2 tbsp. light sesame oil
– 1 leech
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 1/2 tsp. sea salt
– 1 celery stick
– 1 cup mushrooms
– 4 cups water
– 2 tbps. fresh thyme leaves
– 1 handful baby spinach ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 2 tsp. lemon juice
– 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
– pinch of black pepper
1. Chop the cauliflower into larger pieces, place on baking tray lined with baking paper and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of sesame oil.
2. Bake in a heated oven at 220 °C for 20 minutes until golden brown.
3. In a pan, warm 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, add chopped leek, garlic, pepper and salt and stir for about 5 minutes.
4. Add chopped celery and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms soften.
5. Fill with water, sprinkle with thyme, cover and leave to cook for another 10 minutes.
6. Near the end, add baby spinach, cauliflower, lemon juice and mustard and with the use of a hand mixer, mash ingredients until a smooth mixture is achieved.
7. If the pottage is too thick, add water to dilute to desired consistency.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your cauliflower and celery pottage turned out!