Today’s warm and sunny day inspired us to give a traditional dessert, such as a cake roll, a modern twist and combine strawberries and blueberries in the dough itself. Mmm strawberry and blueberry cake roll…
This extraordinary biscuit-dessert which melts in the mouth with every bite is also very healthy. The combination of slightly sour blueberries and sweet strawberries is absolutely perfect, so delightful that you won’t be able to resist not having a second piece. It’s fluffy dough and light refreshing and fruity filling make this dessert a spring favorite.
Courtesy of Iceberg Salat Centar, blueberries and strawberries are available throughout the entire year. Therefore, neither this cake roll nor similar desserts with berries are no longer seasonal, but can easily be prepared 365 days a year. Whenever you wish for amazing berry recipes, know that Iceberg Salat Centar has got them ready for you at every occasion.
– 1 handful blueberries ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup coconut sugar
– 1 cup yogurt
– 1 1/2 cups spelt flour – or any other flour
– 1/2 bag baking powder
– 200g maskarpone cheese
– 5 large strawberries ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 5 tbsp. agave suryp or 2 tbsp. honey
1. In a blender, combine blueberrries and yogurt.
2. In a bowl, beat the eggs, then add sugar and yogurt-blueberry mixture.
3. Combine the flour mixed with baking powder and slowly add the egg mixture.
4. Pour into a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
5. Bake for 12 minutes at 180 degrees in pre-heated oven.
6. Wrap crust in damp cloth and allow to cool.
7. Prepare the filling by mixing the strawberries, cheese and agave syrup.
8. Spread the filling on the pie crust evenly, wrap it in a roll and place in the fridge.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your strawberry and blueberry cake roll turned out!