As the holidays are nearing, our homes are becoming the main gathering place, filled with guests on a daily basis. During the cold, winter days, family and friends gather together to celebrate the end of the year and welcome a new one. However, these festive occasions cannot pass without homemade snacks or sweets. It is the responsibility of the host to provide a warm, cozy and joyful atmosphere.
Today we present you with a popular, homemade speciality often served at Serbian events as an appetizer – spinach and cheese roll. In addition to being appealing to children, this delicious roll is healthy as well! Try our recipe and see for yourself!
– 4 eggs
– 200 gr baby spinach ICEBERG SALAT CENTER
– 2 cups yogurt
– 3 cups flour
– 1 pc. baking powder
– 1 tsp. salt
– 300 gr feta cheese
– 1 pc. sour cream
– 1/2 cups of black seedless olives
1. Blanch spinach in boiling water for 1 minute, chill and finely chop.
2. In a large bowl, combine 2 eggs, 1 cup of yoghurt, 1 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 pc. of baking powder, 1/2 tsp. of salt and 1/2 blanched, chopped spinach.
3. Pour mixture on to a baking tray lined with baking paper.
4. Bake in heated oven at 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until a crust appears on both sides.
5. Remove from oven and cover with clean cloth.
6. Repeat steps 2-5 with the same ingredients.
7. In a smaller bowl, combine cheese, sour cream and chopped olives.
8. Slice the crust in 2 parts (along the center), spread with filling and cover with other crust.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your spinach and cheese roll turned out!