Ladies, do you or the members of your family feast during the Christmas feasting period? When it comes to nutrition, there are three main reasons why people do not opt to exclude animal foods from their daily menu – the first is due to health problems, the second is because they do not like vegan food and the third is that they see this as just another obligation which will be difficult for them to adapt to. Nevertheless, a large part of the Serbian Orthodox population adheres to feasting for the full 40 days.
With this in mind, we promised that we will offer numerous ideas for fasting dishes in the coming weeks, and since we always try to keep our promises, today we present you with a recipe for creamy vegetable soup. Mmmhm warm and delicious!
– 1 cup grated carrots ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 3 cups chopped vegetables (potatoes, broccoli …)
– 3 cups water
– 1 orange
– 1 onion
– 1 piece of celery
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 3-4 seedless dates
– 2 cm fresh ginger
– 2 tbsp. coconut oil
– 1 tsp. salt
1. In a pot, on a bit of oil, fry minced garlic and add chopped celery and onion.
2. Simmer on medium heat and insert the carrot and remaining vegetables and cook until the ingredients completely soften.
3. Remove the pot from the stove, squeeze in orange juice, add the other ingredients and combine in food processor. If the mixture is thick, add more water to turn it into a creamy soup.
4. Top with baked pumpkin seeds and minced parsley.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your creamy vegetable soup turned out!