Who says that vegan meals, without meat and dairy products, cannot be absolutely delicious? On the contrary, depending on the method of preparation, the variation of the ingredients, herbs and spices used, meals made up of just fruits, vegetables and nuts can often be even tastier! Vegan nutrition has become a real science. The number of people who follow this food regime is growing daily and so are the number of restaurants that serve exclusively vegan food. This trend confirms that it is far easier to remove animal protein from the daily menu, than we previously thought. Vegan meals are healthy and rich in vitamins and minerals, directly from the soil.
We want to inspire you to re-think your menu and start introducing vegan meals or even “vegan days”! For starters, try our recipe for Mexican tacos with mango and black beans! The combination of seasonal fruit and vegetables with fresh herbs, combined in a warm tortilla with a piquant, homemade vegan-mayo is the ideal meal to wake-up the spring energy in you!
– 150g cashews
– 1/2 lemon
– 1 clove of garlic
– 2 tbsp. olive oil
– 2 tbsp. water (more as needed)
– ⅓ tsp. paprika powder
– salt (to taste)
Tortillas and filling
– 4 corn tortillas
– 1 cup boiled black beans
– 2 limes
– ¼ – ½ tsp. paprika powder
– 2 handfulls rocket salad ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– ½ avocado
– ½ mango
– 12 cherry tomatoes ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
– 2 tbsp. chopped fresh coriander
– a pinch of Himalayan salt
1. Prepare the piquant mayo sauce by combining all the ingredients in a multiprocessor and blending until creamy.
2. For the filling, mix the black beans with lime, chopped pepper, parsley leaves, coriander and salt.
3. Warm the tortillas for a few minutes in the microwave or oven, and then spread mayo over each.
4. Add black bean filling, top with rocket salad, chopped avocado, mango and tomatoes, wrap and serve.
Subscribe to our newsletter, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your Mexican tacos with mango and black beans turned out!