We all love bread. It is an essential part of almost every meal and its biggest advantage is that it makes us full. Moreover, it is cheap, easy to obtain and can serve as a meal all by itself. The question that we need to ask ourselves though is – is bread actually healthy? Toast that is sold at supermarket contains preservatives and additives, which prolong its shelf life. Warm, crispy bread from the bakery is usually not freshly baked on the spot, but was previously frozen. Rolls and pastries apear tempting, but were produced by dough machines, mostly in factory conditions. What does this tell us? Bought bread is, for the most part, unhealthy.
In order to enjoy bread without overthinking, the best solution is to make it and bake it yourself. Check out this simple and fast recipe for our nutritious flour-free bread which is so tasty, it will leave you wanting more.
– 100 gr pumpkin seeds
– 50 gr flax seeds
– 50 gr sesame seeds
– 150 gr sunflower seeds
– 100 gr almonds
– 100 gr hazelnut
– 2 eggs
– 15 tsp. olive oil
– 150 ml boiling water
– 1/2 tsp. baking soda
– Pinch of salt
1. Turn on the oven to 180 degrees.
2. In a blender combine all seeds and nuts so that the mixture becomes powder-like.
3. Add all other ingredients and mix to combine.
4. Pour the mixture into a baking tray which is lined with baking paper.
5. Bake for 60 minutes or until the crust becomes golden brown.
6. Remove from the oven and place on an oven grid to completely cool down.
7. Keep the bread in a clean cloth or paper bag for up to 5 days.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your homemade flour-free bread turned out!