The one thing we can never get enough of are soups! With the rise of vegan cuisine and health awareness in the past couple of years, creamy soups have become really popular. No wonder, as they are extremely simple to prepare and contain loads of nutrients. Cream soups are also cheap and great for people on almost all food regimes – vegetarian, diabetic, vegan, gluten-intolerant… Their thick texture and mild taste fit people of all ages and preferences. Their biggest advantage is that they can be served and ordered in almost all occassions – at a Sunday brunch, a casual gathering with friends, a business dinner at an exclusive restaurant, a birthday celebration or a wedding, cream soups are always welcome!
Check out our recipe for this lovely thick creamy pea soup and share with us you impressions below. Serve it with roasted seeds or croutons and enjoy!
– 1 tbsp. G butter
– 1 onion
– 400g peas
– 0,6l water
– 200g baby spinach ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 1 handful of fresh mint
– 1 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
– 1 pinch Himalayan salt
– 1 pinch ground black pepper
– 1 tbsp. olive oil
1. In a sauce pan, heat G butter and fry chopped onion and minced garlic.
2. Add peas and water and cook for another 10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, season as desired and blend in food processor or with hand mixer until structure is uniform.
4. Sprinkle with olive oil and decorate with baby spinach leaves.