Ladies, do you often crave a piece of pizza for lunch and end up grabbing a salad or wrap instead? In order to stay in shape and take in the necessary daily dose of vitamins and minerals, we often opt for a healthy meal rather than our favorite cuisine. Thus, instead of jelly beans, gummy bears and chocolate, we eat a piece of fruit, we substitute chips with heathy oat bars, and our favorite French toast for muesli. Such an approach is considered great for a diet plan but is no long-term solution because eventually we will go back to craving for junk-food. Therefore, in order not to deprive ourselves of what we enjoy eating, the ideal solution is to prepare all our favorite dishes the healthy way!
Bake a pie or tart with stevia, agave or maple syrup instead of sugar. Slice potatoes thinly, spice with herbs, sprinkle with grape oil, place in the oven and get fantastic, nutritious chips! For French toast, dip rye bread into eggs and fry on coconut oil and get a healthy breakfast!
And regarding pizza … well … pizza was created with the idea to experiment with ingredients available. That in mind, it was born for all combos! Below you can find our recipe for a healthy vegetarian pizza, so you don’t have to stop eating food you love!
For the dough
– 200 gr frozen cauliflower
– 100 gr frozen broccoli
– 50 gr parmesan
– 1/4 mozzarella ball
– 1 large egg
– 2 tbsp. rye flour
– salt and pepper
For the filling
– 3 tbsp. tomato sauce
– 2 tsp. oregano
– 3/4 mozzarella
– 70g gorgonzola cheese
– 1 handful rocket salad ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 6 cherry tomatoes ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
1. Chop the broccoli and cauliflower into small pieces and sauté in a saucepan until liquid evaporates. Leave aside to cool.
2. In a large bowl, combine eggs, flour, chopped mozzarella cheese and vegetable mixture and knead pizza dough.
3. Place the dough on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake on 190 degrees for 15 minutes until golden brown on both sides.
4. Remove from oven and add tomato sauce, left-over mozzarella and gorgonzola cheese, cherry tomatoes and oregano.
5. Place in oven and bake for another 5 minutes.
6. Remove, top with rocket salad and serve warm
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your vegetarian pizza turned out!