Focaccia, a special flat oven-baked Italian bread seasoned with Mediterranean spices, is one of the favorite pastry-like dishes in modern dining! Thanks to its crispy crust and mouth-watering spices, it is incomparably more interesting and tastier than standard bread. Focaccia owes its delicious Italian aroma to a combination of extra virgin olive oil and rosemary. This flat bread can be eaten alone or served as an appetizer, side dish or main meal, with a spread or dip such as balsamic vinegar, humus or sun-dried tomato. Traditionally, focaccia is seasoned with sea salt, rosemary and garlic, however other herbs can be added according to personal taste which is the reason various recipes on the same topic can be found on the Internet and in magazines.
We invite you to try our original recipe for focaccia with sun dried tomatoes and rosemary. The intense taste or our flat bread goes incredibly well with a glass of good, red wine so be sure to pour some.
– 470g flour
– 2 tsp. salt
– 1 bag dry yeast
– 2 tbsp. sugar or honey
– 60ml olive oil + more for pouring over the dough
– 330ml water
– 1 bunch of fresh rosemary
– 1 handful cherry tomatoes ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– 3-4 cloves of garlic
– 1 tsp. sea salt
– 1 handful sun-dried tomatoes
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, sugar and dry yeast then mix in warm water (not hot) and olive oil.
2. Form dough into a ball, cover in oil and leave at room temeprature to grow.
3. After 45 minutes, transfer to baking tray covered with oil, form a nice-looking bread with the help of your fingers and poke holes in dough in which you will pour olive oil and minced garlic.
4. Place the sun-dried tomatoes and halved cherry tomatoes in the dough as well.
5. Bake in heated oven for 15-20 minutes at 190 degrees
Once the focaccia is baked, leave to cool and slice evenly.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your foccacia with sun-dried tomatoes with rosemary turned out!