Moms, do your kids eat bread before, after and during meals? Do they often snack on it? All children love bread and for this reason it is important to teach them from an early age to eat bread made from healthy ingredients. The foundation of a nutritious, home-made bread is healthy flour like buckwheat, spelt, rye, superior oil such as coconut, olive, grape and plain water. Store-bought bread (especially toast), for the most part, is full of additives and perservatives, so it is essential to check the label at the supermarket to avoid buying bread with unhealthy ingredients. It is easy to eat healthy but it is difficult to change our habbits and start living healthy, that is why it is crucial to educate our children to enjoy high-quality foods from an early childhood.
Check out our banana and carrot bread recipe, ideal for breakfast with various spreads, as a side dish to a meal or as a snack with coffee or tea.
– 4 bananas (mature)
– 1 cup grated carrots ICEBERG SALAT CENTAR
– ½ cup roasted hazelnuts
– 2-3 tbsp. melted coconut oil
– 1 tsp. cinnamon
– 2 tsp. agave syrup or honey
– juice 1/2 a lemon
– 2/3 cups spelt flour
– ½ tsp. baking powder
1. Turn on the oven to 180 degrees.
2 Crush the hazelnuts in a food processor to get small bits.
3. In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork and add all the ingredients. Combine well.
4. Pour the mixture into a baking tray with baking paper.
5. Bake in heated oven for 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and leave on grid to cool.
7. Store in paper bag.
Subscribe to our newsletter, comment, upload photos, just be sure to let us know how your banana and carrot bread turned out!